Meal Plan Monday

>> Monday, October 25, 2010

Even though I've been absent (again), I've still been doing lots of cooking. So there are some yummy recipes ready to be posted!

My mother-in-law just left today after spending the last week with us. We spent a couple of days in fabulous San Diego, California where we took the kiddos to Sea World. Tons of fun! It's fun eating out for a change, but it always makes me anxious to get back home and get back in my own kitchen. Once I developed a love of (and a talent for) cooking, no restaurant can really compare. I really love trying to re-create my favorite restaurant recipes! My first attempt was Chili's Chicken Enchilada Soup, and I honestly love my version more than theirs. I also have a fabulous recipe for Applebee's Maple Butter Blondies, which I'll be posting soon!

Anyway, on to this week's menu! I recently got a new cookbook, so almost my entire menu this week is from that cookbook. The hubby and I went out to start on some Christmas shopping this last week while my mother-in-law was here to watch the kiddos, and while shopping for the kids, I just had to get something for myself, too! We were at Barnes and Noble getting them some books, and I saw a Betty Crocker vegetarian dishes cookbook. I am always having major trouble coming up with meatless meal ideas, so this was a MUST-BUY for me. It's a total success so far!

So, up this week we have:
Black bean burgers, veggies & dip
Middle Eastern pita pizzas (pitas will be homemade)
Easy cheesy meat and potatoes
Huevos rancheros
Baked potato soup
Vegetable manicotti

What recipes have you tried lately that were a big hit?

1 comments:

~April~ October 25, 2010 at 9:45 PM  

We should have our computer back tomorrow so maybe I can post again!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We really enjoy hearing from our readers. :)